Adelaide United boost finals hopes with comeback win over Perth Glory
Adelaide United have cemented their position in the top four with an entertaining 2-1 comeback victory over Perth Glory at Coopers on Saturday night.
On a surface looking worse for wear after a Foo Fighters gig, the goals flowed early with all three inside the first 40 minutes.
The Reds are now on 28 points as they leapfrog Melbourne Victory (who lost in Newcastle) into fourth spot on the Hyundai A-League ladder.
Re-live the game here in the MATCH CENTRE
STORY OF THE GAME
- GOAL! Glory take the early lead courtesy of Andy Keogh's head on four mins.
- GOAL! Reds equalise on 12 mins, Djulbic with the own goal. 1-1.
- GOAL! The excellent Mileusnic freed by Isaias and it's 2-1 to Adelaide United after 38 mins.
- HALF-TIME: 2-1 to the Reds in an entertaining first 45.
- CHANCE Castro with the long run and low free kick, Harold connects but it just misses the goal.
- EXCITING FINALE Both sides going for it in the final 20 minutes.
- BLACKWOOD BLASTS WIDE The striker bursts through and with no flag he fails to hit the target.
- PENALTY SHOUT Castro causes mayhem in the box but the Reds survive the penalty shout in the final 10 minutes.
- GLORY ON FRONT FOOT The Reds sitting back and hanging on against a desperate Glory.
- SO CLOSE! Glory's Italiano heads just wide off the base of the post. Nichols with a superb assist.
- REDS HANGING ON All hands on deck as the Reds sit very deep.
Keogh Glory 0-1, 4'
Scott Neville with the cross from the right and Andy Keogh expertly guided his header down and into the bottom right of the net past Paul Izzo's dive.
Djulbic (OG) Adelaide 1-1, 12'
Under pressure from George Blackwood and the Glory central defender headed a cross past Liam Reddy for a spectacular own goal.
Mileusnic Adelaide 2-1, 38'
Isaias picks out the speedy Mileusnic's run, he gets into the box and coolly places it across Reddy to put Adelaide in front for the first time.