Adelaide midfielder Boland ruled out for at least a month
Mirko Boland will have to wait at least another month for his first taste of Hyundai A-League football this season.
Adelaide United confirmed on Wednesday the German midfielder, 32, is expected to miss the next 4-6 weeks after undergoing surgery to repair cartilage in his left knee.
Boland, who signed for the Reds in July 2018 on a two-year deal, has not featured for Adelaide yet this season with club hierachy reluctant to push the former Eintracht Braunschweig veteran back into action.
Boland featured 15 times for Adelaide last season but missed a significant chunk after suffering a bad hamstring injury just two matches into his Hyundai A-League career against Perth Glory in November.
More Hyundai A-League news
- Perth visit wounded Victory looking to 'flick the switch' again
- The goal that made Ulises Davila a legendary cult hero in Spain
- Babbel and Georgievski cited under FFA National Code of Conduct
- Vote: Best tape-up jobs in Hyundai A-League history
- 'Besart is a unique human': Rudan explains stare down after Berisha substitute