- The E-League is comprised of the ten (10) Clubs.
- Each Club must be represented by two Competitors in the E-League – one in each Division.
- The E-League competition format will be comprised of two stages:
- the E-League Premiership Rounds; and
- the E-League Final Live Event.
E-League Premiership Rounds
- The E-League Premiership Rounds will be conducted over a nine (9) round period coinciding with the final nine (9) rounds of the Hyundai A-League 2017/18 season. Each Club will play each other Club once in a two-legged tie format with one game being played in each Division.
- The E-League Premiership Rounds will determine a winning Club (not an individual winning Competitor) based on the formula set out below.
- The following points will be awarded for Clubs during the E-League Premiership Rounds:
- Win = 3 points
- Draw = 1 point
- Loss = 0 points
- No Result = 0 points
- FFA reserves the right to determine the result of any match, including a No Result.
- The scores (goals) from each Division will be aggregated to determine the result for each Club each round.
- Example: if Club A defeats Club B by a score of 2-0 in the Xbox One Division, but Club B defeats Club A by a score of 3-0 in the PlayStation 4 Division, then Club B will be the winner for that round (3-2 on aggregate) and receive 3 points. Club A will record a loss and receive 0 points.
- If the aggregated scores are level (eg Club A defeats Club B 1-0 on Xbox One and Club B defeats Club A 1-0 on PlayStation 4, with an aggregated score of 1-1) then a draw will be recorded and both Clubs will receive 1 point.
- At the completion of the E-League Premiership Rounds, Clubs will be ranked in order from first (top) to last (bottom). The Club that finishes in first (1st) position at the conclusion of the E-League Premiership Rounds will be deemed the E-League Premiers.
- The position of each Club at the end of the E-League Premiership Rounds will be determined based on the following criteria:
- highest number of points accumulated during the E-League Premiership Rounds;
- if two (2) or more Clubs are level on points accumulated, the following criteria will be applied, in order, until one (1) of the Clubs can be determined as the higher ranked:
- highest goal difference;
- highest number of goals scored;
- highest number of points accumulated in matches between the Clubs concerned;
- highest goal difference in matches between the Clubs concerned; and
- a playoff match (or matches) to be determined by FFA in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Clubs will be permitted to determine at their discretion what, if any, amount of the Club’s prize (if any) is remitted to their representative Competitors.
- Where a Club’s Competitor in one Division is unavailable for a match, FFA may permit in its sole and absolute discretion the Club’s Competitor in the other Division to take his or her place to compete for that match in that Division.
- FFA may, at its sole and absolute discretion, amend the format of the E-League Premiership Rounds at any time.
E-League Final Live Event
- The format and schedule of the E-League Final Live Event will be determined at FFA’s sole and absolute discretion.
- The E-League Final Live Event will take place in a single location over a one (1) day period.
- The E-League Final Live Event will comprise a tournament in each Division. The playoffs in each Division will be based on the ranking of each Club from the E-League Premiership Rounds.
- The tournament will provide a winner for each Division.
- The winners of each Division will then playoff on a two-legged home and away contest on each console to determine the individual Competitor who will be deemed the individual Champion of the E-League.
Account use and squad creation
- Subject to any use of EA accounts as set out below, Competitors must use their FUT account to compete in the E-League and must build their FUT squad to consist of
- 11 starting players;
- 7 bench players; and
- 5 reserve players.
- During the E-League, FFA may at its sole and absolute discretion require Competitors to use accounts provided by EA for their sole use in the E-League. In that event, Competitors will receive limited log-in details for the accounts for use in the E-League only. Competitors must not disclose details of these accounts to the public. Any such accounts will remain the sole property of EA and must not be used for personal use by any person, including Competitors.
- Competitors will be required to build a FUT squad of the Club which they represent (ie with the name, logo and kit of their Club). For the E-League Premiership Rounds, the FUT squad must include at least three (3) current players from the Club which the Competitor is representing. At least three (3) current players from that Club must be on the field at all times (unless the Club player is sent off) during all matches in the E-League Premiership Rounds.
- Competitors will also be required to build an open FUT squad of the Club which they represent (ie with the name, logo and kit of their Club) to be used in the E-League Final Live Event. The Competitor’s FUT squad for the E-League Final Live Event does not require any minimum number of current Club players.
If a Competitor forfeits a match (as determined by FFA), the result will be recorded as a 3-0 loss, unless the forfeit takes place during the match and the current goal difference is greater than 3-0, in which case that goal difference will be recorded as the final score.